Orca Adventure Lodge Fly Fishing School – Cordova, Alaska – July 23-27th, 2019
Learn to fish with us on both heavy and light-weight fly rods at the wonderful Orca Lodge in Cordova. Fish for pink & chum salmon, dolly varden & cutthroat trout while you learn. Four nights lodging (double occupancy) all meals, the complete school, including equipment & flies.
The school includes instruction in fly casting both light and heavy weight rods, fly selection, reading the water and finding fish, knot tying, safe wading and lots more, taught exclusively by women instructors. And we provide ALL the equipment, gear, and flies. Of course, you’re welcome to bring your own gear, too, as our schools are not just for beginners. You can improve your skills, master sink tip lines and heavy flies, and learn about fishing for large species. Join us!
*Women only trip*
- Lodge: www.orcaadventurelodge.com
- Your Host: TBD
Schedule and what to expect:
- Trip dates and itinerary: July 23-27th, 2019
- Day 1 - Arrive in Cordova and we are met at the airport by the lodge to shuttle us the 16 miles into the beautiful fishing village of Cordova. We will get settled in and enjoy and evening of wonderful food and camaraderie getting ready for new few days of fishing and learning.
- Day 2 - School - We will start the morning with a lesson in basic overhead casting on the rocky beach in Cordova. Landing techniques, and hook removal. After lunch knot tying lessons and how to construct your own leader. The lodge has a fly tying station set up and you can try your hand at tying a fly or your own!
- Day 3 - Fish for Cutthroat trout and using our 5 wt rods to catch them in the tidal creeks on dry flies.
- Day 4 - ½ day to practice knots or refine casting, or visit the community and shop before we depart.
- Location/Accommodations: Orca Adventure Lodge, Cordova Alaska
Target fish: Fish for pink & chum salmon, dolly varden & cutthroat trout while you learn.
- Documents: You will need to have a current, active Alaskan Fishing License and have an appropriate photo id for air travel
- Lodging: The lodge is located in beautiful Cordova, Alaska in a transformed cannery built in the 1880’s.
- Food & Beverages: TBD
- Technology: wifi is available for $7/day or $20/week or you are welcome to use the complimentary computer in the lobby. Cellular is available depending on the carrier.
Package Rates: $2,950.00 per person
- Length of stay: July 23-27th - 4 nights lodging (double occupancy), 3 days of fishing and instruction
- Includes: lodging, food, beverages, guide, the use of fly fishing gear, equipment, and flies, transportation between the Cordova airport and the lodge.
- Does not include: alcohol, meals prior to arriving at lodge, gratuities, Alaska fishing license.
- Cancellation/ refund policy: 50% due at time of booking, 50% due 60 days prior to the trip date
- Closest major air hub: Anchorage or Seattle, Wa
- Airlines recommended: Alaska Airlines makes two daily stops in Cordova: one from Anchorage (flight 66 departs anchorage at 3:20pm and arrives at 4:08 pm , return to anchorage on the 27th on flt 61 at 1:08 pm and arrive Anchorage at 1:58pm) and one from Seattle (depart Seattle on flight 61 at 7;25pm and arrive Cordova at 12:23pm, depart Cordova on the 27th on flight 66 at 4:57pm to arrive in Seattle at 11:41pm)
- Documents required: Photo ID / Passport and Alaska Fishing License
- Trip Cancellation Insurance: we recommend that you acquire trip cancellation insurance and/or purchase Global Rescue Trip evacuation insurance. For Alaska resident look at LifeMed Alaska.
- Travel arrangements we can assist: Call Women's Fly Fishing directly for additional information - (907) 274-7113
Giving back: We strive to give back to the communities we fish in. Below are a couple local non-profit groups that we have given to over the years and find bring the most help to the local community.
'Our mission is to advance community resilience and the understanding and sustainable use of ecosystems.'
For inquiries regarding this Trip, please fill out the form below, and we will get in touch!