CORDOVA – SILVER SALMON SPECTACULAR – SEPT 15-19TH
If it’s Silver Salmon you want, this is the trip for you! We’ll do a combination of fly-out and boat-out fishing to some of the remote and productive salmon rivers along Alaska’s Gulf Coast. This is walk and wade fly fishing at its best with the boat transporting us to various fishing holes. The incredible beauty of the Prince William Sound area will astound you while you get the opportunity to escape the crowds. We’ll see sea otters by the dozens, puffins, eagles, and lots of other wildlife.
Included in your Women’s Flyfishing trip to Orca Adventure Lodge is all fly fishing gear, equipment and flies, instruction, one day of fly-out (as weather allows) and two/three days boat-out fishing included, four nights lodging (double occupancy) all meals, fish filleting, packaging, and freezing so that you can take home some incredible self-caught Silvers.
The lodge has a nice fly tying area right off the dining space which is a popular location to socialize during the evenings.
- Your Host: Electa Kean
Schedule and what to expect:
- Trip dates and itinerary: September 15-19th, 2019
- Location/Accommodations: Orca Adventure Lodge, Cordova Alaska
- Target fish: Silver Salmon
- Season: September
- 9 am - 10am: Start by boating out into Prince William Sound to take advantage of one of the 40+ local streams and rivers where we will find schools of Silvers that are making their way into their spawning grounds.
- Lunch: lunch on the river by a fabulous fishing hole, provided by lodge
- 5 pm - 6 pm: head back to the lodge for dinner
- 6 pm - 9 pm: Dinner at lodge and relaxing evening of socializing
Day 4 - Boat out fishing day:
- 6 am - 9 am: Breakfast
- 9 am - 10 am: Start by boating out into Prince William Sound to take advantage of one of the 40+ local streams and rivers where we will find schools of Silvers that are making their way into their spawning grounds.
- Lunch: Lunch on the river by a fabulous fishing hole, provided by lodge
- 5 pm - 6 pm: head back to the lodge for dinner
- Documents: You will need to have a current, active Alaskan Fishing License and have an appropriate photo id for air travel
- Lodging (double occupancy): The lodge is located in beautiful Cordova, Alaska in a transformed cannery built in the 1880’s.
- Food and Beverages: Lodge style eatery serves a hot breakfast 7 days/week as well as dinner that highlights locally caught seafood, pastas, and soup. Lunches are prepared by lodge for day trips. (All meals included). Alcoholic beverages can be brought or purchased on your own in town.
- Technology: WiFi is available for $7/day or $20/week or you are welcome to use the complimentary computer in the lobby. Cellular is available depending on the carrier.
Package rates: $2,950.00
- Length of stay: September 15-19th, 2019: 4 nights lodging (double occupancy), 3 days of fishing (possibility of a fly out day if weather allows)
- Includes: lodging, food and non alcoholic beverages, guide, and the use of fly fishing gear, equipment and flies, transportation between the Cordova airport and the lodge. Fish filleting, packaging, and freezing is included.
- Does not include: Waders and wading boots, alcohol, meals prior to arriving at lodge, gratuities, Alaska fishing license.
- Cancellation/ refund policy: 50% of trip cost due at time of booking, last 50% of trip cost due 60 days prior to the trip date. Should you cancel your trip, a refund will be made only if your space can be filled, minus a 10% service charge. We make no refunds nor assume any additional expenses if weather or any reason beyond our control renders you unable to complete a trip or any other part of an itinerary. We reserve the right to cancel a trip because of low enrollment or other circumstances and will refund all funds paid to us in such a case.
- Closest major air hub – Anchorage, AK
- Airlines recommended- Alaska Airlines makes two daily stops to Cordova: one from Anchorage (flight 66 departs anchorage at 3:43 pm and arrives at 4:28 pm , return to anchorage on the 27th on flight 61 at 1:33 pm and arrive Anchorage at 2:19 pm) and one from Seattle (depart Seattle on flt 61 at 7:25pm and arrive Cordova at 12:23pm , depart Cordova on the 27th on flight 66 at 5:17 pm to arrive in Seattle at 11:50 pm)
- Documents Required: Photo ID / Passport and Alaska Fishing License
- Trip Cancellation Insurance: We recommend that you acquire trip cancellation insurance such as Insure my Trip or and/or purchase Global Rescue Trip evacuation insurance. For Alaska residents look at LifeMed Alaska.
- Travel arrangements we can assist: Call Women's Fly Fishing directly for additional information - (907) 274-7113
What to bring: Find the list HERE
Fishe Wear clothing and gear: Get ready for your adventure with Fishe Wear gear! We can either mail your gear to you prior to departure or have it at the lodge waiting for you.
Giving back: We strive to give back to the communities we fish in. Below are a couple local non-profit groups that we have given to over the years and find bring the most help to the local community.
'Our mission is to advance community resilience and the understanding and sustainable use of ecosystems.'
'The Cordova Family Resource Center's mission is to promote healthy individual and family relationships throughout the community by providing education, advocacy and crisis response.'
For inquiries regarding this Trip, please fill out the form below, and we will get in touch!